Monday, December 28, 2009

notes nearing the end of the decade.

Well, all i can say is that this decade was much like a lot of decades. In most individual's lives, they grew, did things, had ups and downs etc. On a larger scale, it blew and was full of misery. Maybe there was some type of social progress, but i can't think of any right now. Some places legalized gay marriage. that's a good thing.

The thing I'm realizing more and more is that there isn't a rewind button in life. It just keeps moving forward. You won't ever be younger and you never stay the same age. I'm never going to be a teenager or a child again. It sounds like an obvious thing, but somehow my mind has trouble with it. My mind has a habit of living in a different place than me.

Another thing i have noticed over the last decade is that the majority of people don't give a shit about music, much less my music. I am happy with my music and it isnt a matter of confidence in my craft. It's just an observation. You might as well write what you feel and write whatever you want to. Search for that personal connection with an audience that understands you, not the other way around.

I am relatively happy, in my semi-melancholy way. I'm rather at peace. As i get older i understand why older people always looked so angry to me when i was younger. I'm not that guy, i just am sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment